Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Wedding - The Cookie Bar Preview

I always loved the idea of having a coffee and cookie bar at the end of the evening for guests to take with them on the road.  So I asked my very best friends to each bake a couple dozen cookies that we could put in jars as guest leave for the evening!  I'll share the finished product tomorrow.


I was inspired by these two versions but wanted to give the idea my own twist!

First off was making a stamp in the likeness of the peony.  I printed out my artwork and traced it  Printmaking Block Material that I purchased online from Nasco then I carved the pattern out of the block, rolled on my pink paint and stamped them onto bakery bags!




At the time I still lived in a studio apartment in midtown and space was tight!



My mother collected and cleaned jars and I made personalized cookie tags for each one.





My husband's favorite baseball team is the Mets so my sister made dozen's of Mr. Met cookies as a surprise!



A couple of days before the wedding I got together with my childhood girlfriends for some sangria and cookie making!


Each girl made their own specialty cookie!



No comments:

Post a Comment