Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DIY Headboard - Step 1: Upholstering

I've been swamped with events for VH1 Save The Music and have been lax on my posts, but I did manage to finish my headboard project last week!  Instructions on how I upholstered my headboard can be found below and tomorrow I'll share with you how to apply nailhead trim.


My brother-in-law is a very talented contractor who owns Level Home Improvements
and cut the headboard design out for me!


I purchased a mattress topper (like the egg crates we used to get in college) from 
Bed Bath & Beyond for the cushioning.


Cut the excess padding around the shape of the headboard.


Then wrapped my West Elm upholstery fabric around the padding, 
using a staple gun to fasten it to the board.


Here's the finished product before applying the nailhead trim - 
will send final steps tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment